9.10.2013

weekly (un)wind: goodbye, summer


(a beautiful august wedding)
I know I sound like someone that should be quoted on shit girls say, but this summer has gone by so quickly.

Summer has always been my favorite season. My worst nightmare is bulky clothing and itchy sweaters. I should really move somewhere that's hot year round. I was hoping for an Indian summer that lasted until late September, but the weather lately has been the complete opposite!

I'll always remember this summer as a season that stretched me to my limits, work-wise. Even though I can place a lot of pressure and be very hard on myself, I love to see my personal growth. 
                  
(date nights w/ jeff, boat rides & a brand new book from my favorite bloggers
 
Outside of work, I am so happy I had the opportunity this summer to take a getaway to Toronto, see a couple amazing concerts, spend the day at a cottage with some of my closest friends, and have endless valencia oranges at Starbucks with Jeff.
(beach reads)
A perfect summer wedding, decorating my place in bright pops of colour, eating my weight (and maybe more..) in sushi, reading a few great (and not-so-great) books, "blurred lines", and my new tattoo will always remind me of summer 2013.

Jeff loves fall, and I have to say that I'm excited to have nice hair again - ugh, humidity. Ever since I've been out of school, I still see the start of September as a time for getting back to routine.
                        (project life - my new scrapbook! having fun remembering the details from the last few months.)

One of my best friends was talking about her personal goals now that she's finished university. I place a lot of focus on my work, and I would like to find a better work/life balance and achieve some of my personal goals. Some are silly, and some are things that have been on my list for a long time. Maybe one day I'll share them here!

Coming from someone that has never been able to keep a personal agenda for more then a month, I really want a way to keep myself motivated. This seems easy enough - make a concrete list, cross it off when something gets done. We'll see how I do!

What's on your list of "goals" this fall? 

Sam
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.