7.02.2013

weekly (un)wind: Canada Day Festivities!

Growing up I was on the shy and more introverted side, which is why it surprises me that as I've gotten older I've come to be quite sociable! In fact, in the last year I've realized I just can't say no to any sort of social gathering. I love doing dinner, drinks, movies, coffee, planning (and attending) small and large parties alike and especially any event that revolves around dancing and getting silly! 
 
Red and White Wine Sangria
Living in Ottawa, Canada Day has always been a huge celebration for Jeff and I. His parents have a big and beautiful backyard (equipped with pool and tiki bar), where we invite all of our family and friends for an all-day party, ending the night with fireworks and sparklers.

It's a great way to kick off the summer months, and has become a fun tradition that's created lots of memories!
Parliament Hill on Canada Day! Celebrating in the nation's capital.

  
 "And I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."
The Great Gatsby
It's always sad going back to work after a long weekend, but I'm looking forward to an exciting and action-packed July!
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.