6.11.2013

Finding (balance)

I haven't updated in over a week. I vowed to myself in the beginning that this would be my creative outlet, and not another source of stress or pressure I put upon myself. Yet, when life got in the way and I couldn't write, I had this nagging feeling. You failed. You didn't upkeep your schedule. You aren't doing enough.

 We are all our own worst critic. Sitting on the couch, watching TV and eating pizza after a long day, I gave myself a hard time. Maybe you should be cleaning up your place! Couldn't you be doing something more productive?

 I want to put that voice to rest and say, to you, and mainly to myself: I love sharing. Yet, if I can't keep a schedule, then we can all assume that life has gotten a bit hectic. It happens to the best of us. And sometimes the best way to be "productive" is to let your body and mind have a rest and watch 6 episodes of The Real World on MTV. Oops. 

So, let's play a bit of catch up:

 
You know that feeling when the book gods come together and put a novel in front of you that you can completely relate to? One that reads exactly what you need to hear in that patricular moment? That's become Slow Love by Dominique Browning for me. Pictured above is a quote from a chapter midway through. With Spring, I hope to continue to breathe deeply and see clearly. 
With Spring turning into Summer, I also plan on renewing my Martha Stewart Living subscription. There is still nothing better then getting excited and running to the mailbox!
It's likely a given, but I love to support small businesses. I love to hear success stories. In Barrhaven, a small suburb in Ottawa, we recently had an adorable cupcake shop open around the corner from my place. I can imagine I'll be frequenting it a lot this summer! Yum.
I also managed to squeeze in a sushi date with mom!
Fridays happen to be my payday. A dangerous time. I've had the week to plan what my "fun" purchase is going to be in my head. Then, for the rest of the pay period, I force myself to be good. Whilst making mental notes of what I'm going to buy next. I think I have a problem. Aren't the polish colours adorable though?
I have lots of links and ideas lingering in the back of my mind. I also have lots of exciting news to share. So, until next time.

Happy Wednesday! xx
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.