6.17.2013

Strength in (numbers) - What Does Your Birthday Say About You?

 
 Last week was defined by numbers. Quite literally. The boring kind of numbers that relate to business, but also the fun kind. The life defining, determine-your-fate, kind of numbers. I spent a ton of time reading into numerology and what your birth date can tell you about yourself.

I've always been interested in astrological signs. My last job (not as fast paced, and much more time for contemplation), led me to read my horoscope almost daily. I've been to a tarot card reader twice.

I know, I know: astrology and numerology and all the phenomena around it sounds like bologna, but wait till you read a bit further...

When it comes to numerology, you use important dates in your life to uncover personal character traits. To find out your number, you add up all the days in your birthday. Here's an example of my own:


1+1+1+8+1+9+9+0 = 30

In numerology your "life path" numbers can be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, 11 or 22. If your number is a double digit, like mine, add the numbers until you get a single digit, or an 11 or 22.

Therefore, my "life path" number is 3! It shows I'm self expressive, optimistic, artistic, persuasive, and sociable. 

It can also mean I can be moody, lack direction or scatter my energies (or spread myself too thin).

You can find multiple sites and sources that will talk about numerology, but the basics of what each number means are generally similar.

I'd recommend you start here, then go here and here to see a more in depth breakdown of what your number means. 

Take it at face value and it can be fun to see what your birth date can say about you! 
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.