4.28.2013

Getting To Know Me - La Vie En Rose


 

My favorite and most telling interview question is: "Describe yourself to someone who has never met you before."

(Talk about putting them on the spot!)

I quickly realized that while I've now heard hundreds of answers to the question, I never really answered it myself.

La Vie en Rose is literally translated into: My Life in Pink (or, life through rose coloured glasses).

Besides the fact that pink is by far my favorite colour, it also happens to be the name of my favorite movie. I was watching it for the umpteenth time with Jeff on our anniversary earlier this month, when I decided "La Vie en Rose" is how I would hope to describe myself.

Choosing to see life through rose coloured glasses. Anyone that has worked retail (or, let's be honest, worked in general) knows that dealing with the general public can be trying at times. Life overall can be trying at times

But then there's that glimmer of something hopeful: Finding that special vintage piece that you just know you were meant to have. Organizing your desktop folders and files (nerd alert!). That perfect shade of lipstick. Or looking at your girlfriends and falling into the most contagious laughing fit about nothing and everything at the same time.

Or, in my case, when my tenth interview of the day nervously (yet, still sassy) looks at me and responds: "Well, I'm a really happy person! I love to smile. And I absolutely love my cats. Are those qualities you're looking for?"

That is La Vie en Rose. 


Sam

Photo via Etsy
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.