2.21.2014

(un)Finished: In Transition

 
Time to do some major catch-up!

Jeff and I have been laying low lately. I have been loving my quiet time: taking baths, starting (very hard and frustrating) 1000 piece puzzles, reading a book a week, being able to finally make a dent in my very long "I'll read it later" list of internet articles. Listening to  Beyoncé on repeat. Eating all my favorite foods! February has been a very indulgent month for "me" time.

We have also been on the hunt for a new home, looking at apartments every weekend. It's fun to see an empty space and try to picture yourself living there. I love where we are now, but it isn't hard to become obsessed when you see modern white finishings and a fresh bagel shop next door. It looks like we may be looking at an April 1st move in date - the day Jeff and I celebrate our five year anniversary! I couldn't imagine a better way to spend it then settling in our new place. I have also had a few interviews (hint, the "transition" title of this post). I don't want to jinx anything, so that's all I'll say about it here!
      
 
We planned a last minute roadtrip to visit some friends in Toronto in January. I LOVE roadtrips. I also love having great travel buddies! We're all pretty similar in the way that we don't always plan ahead: this time, it led us to some pretty hilarious and unexpected adventures.

We spent quite a bit of time at Bellwoods brewery, where the boys dreamed of brewing beer and starting their own business. Of course, we also had to stop in at every bakery and burger joint until we couldn't fit any more food in us if we tried (trips that revolve around food = win!). We even managed to squeeze in some shopping time on Queen Street. 

Before heading home on Sunday, we went to the Drake Hotel for brunch. Jeff had told me that it was incredible (not only the food, but the decor and ambience was very unique). Made-to-order blueberry scones and chicken and waffles are their signature items, and I can honestly say there isn't a day that has gone by since where I haven't thought about that meal. Ah-mazing.

Their general store is attached to the hotel, and it was a full-on hipster hangout. I can't say I didn't love the selection of quirky merchandise though - this is where I saw the above Gin & Tonic card. I think it was made for me. Instead, I walked out with more then a few rolls of washi tape and the new Kendrick Lamar record. Totally guilty.
 
Despite MAJOR sickness going around in our household, I was spoiled with a three course meal this Valentine's day - see above for our delicious Mediterranean eggplant/lobster pasta dishes! I am SO grateful to live with a good cook. He's a pretty good boyfriend too I guess ;). 

I told Jeff I would make dessert, and my strawberries and cream cake turned out pretty delicious.  And pretty cute too! I feel like it's okay to compliment myself, mainly because I have no problem admitting that there has been so. many. failed. recipes in my past...Ha. I adapted the recipe from Gimme Some Oven. My favorite part of baking this cake was definitely reading the sayings on all of the hearts before I stuck them on. "My Pet" and "Baby Luv" were my favorites.

I just realized most of this post revolves around food. I guess I'm okay with that, because most of my life revolves around food as well! In fact, it's just about time for me to sleep so I can dream about the vanilla latte and fresh chocolate chip muffins I'm going to have in the morning...

What are you eating this weekend? 
The (un)Organized Mind + Blog design by labinastudio.